Incyclopedia

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

How many unique tags are in Halo Full? (Post an exact number to enter)

less than 1,000
5%
1,000 - 3,000
No votes
3,000 - 5,000
2%
5,000 - 7,500
7%
7,500 - 9,000
21%
9,000 - 12,000
26%
over 12,000
40%

Total votes: 43

myson12

Re: [REFERENCE MOD] Incyclopedia {Volume 1 Release}

Post by myson12 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:51 am

hey sparky, what about inertization(sorry)?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 am

Internalization?
The data will be internalized already. You just extract whatever you want to use.

The first volume has been released. See the first post in this topic for a dl link. The url is meant to be easy to guess/remember.

This has taken me entire weeks to compile/fix/import/create/whatever. Please abide by my suggestions for using this resource:

1. Use sparingly. Consider this a means to "quote" your sources. As in the literary form, you don't want your quotes to take up the majority of your work. You want your new ideas and theses to be strong. Therefore, modding is like writing a thesis paper, where your theme is the thesis. (It's fun to make collages, but people will enjoy originality more than anything else.)

2. Provide the author's name after each quote, like you do when writing. In this case, all you need to do is give credit to the Incyclopedia, or INCY for short. I will include all due credits with the final version of the INCY that contains all three volumes, and also in the HDM site version where you can download tags individually.

About the CE tags in Vol 2:
I've only encountered one instance where a CE author stated in their ReadMe that they do not want their tags ripped and saved in meta format. Honestly, I was really surprised that they said this so specifically, and their tag won't be included in the INCY. I'll publish a list of tags that were not included for various reasons. I've created workarounds in most situations that prevent the map from compiling (like when referencing non-existing tags) which has taken a LOT of "extra" work on my part B) and frustrates my desire for comprehensiveness and accuracy. I think there are only one or two cases where the CE downloads are missing significant files (like, all of them :lol: ) that I couldn't replace. Some only contained the data that needed to be compiled into tags, in which case I made the tags. Whenever I made new tags, I used different directories so that if the original author ever releases the missing tags, there won't be conflicts in nomenclature.

My only credit for all this work comes through your referencing the INCY. The original authors will also therein be credited, according to their wishes.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

myson12

Post by myson12 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:37 am

well i am working on a special gun i havent named yet so when its finished i will upload it.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I have a little something everyone will enjoy Sparky.

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:30 pm

You wouldn't... Would you?
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

spakry the unlogged

Post by spakry the unlogged » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm trying to get extinction off of halomaps.org, but the hce.halomaps.org page isn't loading. Is there some problem here, or do you think I could wait a few hours...?

I'm trying to get the mythos tags. Fixing the links on these things is taking forever. I've spent entire days doing this...

does anyone have extinction off-hand that I could use, in its original CE download version form?

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Oh, sure thar.

Oh dear, It looks like I can't upload it for some reason.
Sorry thar.

myson12

Post by myson12 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 am

what do you mean ~ Volume 2: Halo CE (as of August 8, 2009)

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 am

You'll see in a little while. It's a download link.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: [REFERENCE MOD] Incyclopedia {Volume 2.1 Release}

Post by Sparky » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:21 pm

*pant*
*pant*
*wheeeeze*

...release of volume 2: CE tags!

...but there are more CE tags coming soon. I figure over 10k tags in a 900-meg file should keep you busy until I can muster up the strength to release the actv (w/ bipd), mach, lifi, deca, and other less popular tags. So we'll call the current release 2.1 instead of a solid 2. That means 2.2 is next.

You all owe me a big cookie. I mean a really big one - no skimping on the flour.

*catches breath*

Have fun! Oh, and the details, I almost forgot:

Not all of the tags could be included for various reasons, either they were mere data files to be used as starting points, they didn't include very significant and unique tags that I couldn't replace or remake on my own, or they were just bitmap files that needed to be made into sprites and I couldn't do it without the image data files and photoshop wouldn't work on my computer because the forsaken license expired and I couldn't get it to work again even though I deleted all the files I could find with the words "adobe" in them. *pant* *pant* Ok, enough run-on sentences.

The bottom line is that I kept the tag names as accurate to their original versions as I could, but I fixed spelling errors that I thought were of minor significance. This release includes some tags that I made myself, like the only new itmc tags that you'll find in the INCY. I will not be including itmc tags in the INCY because we can make them ourselves and they're organized half-hazardly by CE tag authors anyway. So if you want to use a weapon, use Eschaton to recursively extract it from the iNCY and duplicate and rename one of the existing itmc tags to your liking. Or if you're extremely lazy, dig up the "eqip itmc weap" preview I released a few months ago and non-recursively extract an itmc tag that you want.

Thanks for all your patience thus far, and for the dozens of PM's I've gotten inquiring upon the release.

The completely final version of the INCY may find Altimit some more work: I envision the INCY as an online archive of tags with Eschaton as the front-end UI. In other words, you can download and upload tags directly from the HDM server using Eschaton, letting you use the entire library of ever-released tags by going no further than Eschaton. It would require a net connection, though, to download the tags from the server. Alternatively, you could use the collections I'm releasing now, but that requires downloading large files ... I think you catch my drift ;)

EDIT: Uploading in this apartment building's connection is going really slowly. You should wait at least 5 hours from now before attempting to download the 500-meg file. *checks watch*

G[v]N
Green Beret

Re: [REFERENCE MOD] Incyclopedia {Volume 1 & 2.1 Release}

Post by G[v]N » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:07 am

With this release, Sparky has (heh) sparked two new waves of Halo Demo mods: mods consisting of random CE imports arranged in a haphazard manner, and mods of incredible caliber with entirely new content, utilized to the fullest.

We got good news and bad news.

EDIT:
Sparky wrote:~ Volume 2.1: Halo CE | 592.7 MB { bitm eqip flag lsnd scen sky snd! weap vehi } (10,560 tags as of August 26, 2009)
Is this the link to the supposed 500MB-sized Halo CE compilation? if so, why is the downloaded file a mere 89.6MB?

o_O
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

meowykidnotloggedinLAZY

Post by meowykidnotloggedinLAZY » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:59 am

G[v]N, READ.

Rofldonutburger
Commando

Post by Rofldonutburger » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:19 am

Meowykid, YOU'RE NOT FUCKING EXPERIENCED TO FUCKING TELL SOMEONE THAT. ESPECIALLY VEEN.
Dead. derp

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:12 am

Lol, calm down Rofl. Thanks though. ^_^

@meowy: Wtf do you mean? =_=

EDIT:
Lol, Spark, don't put links up when they're not done yet! Now it's 459.3MB, sheesh!
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Ponzu
Operative

Post by Ponzu » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:03 am

LOL its 459MB when compressed! its holy rofl! i mean not in bad way, in good way lol
Hi