75%
Yes
25%

Total votes: 16

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Bloodgulch Extreme 1.1

Post by Sparky » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:37 am

I'm using the c40 (?) lifts. Eh.. whatever elevator you see in the video preview posted in the first post of this topic. That's the size of the elevator, and essentially what I would be doing is to add seats (maybe just rip out the pelican seats) to that platform... I was thinking of making it more like a caged elevator like one of those old elevators where you wind the handle...
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Bloodgulch Extreme 1.1

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Fixed the lava issues.

The elevator is next. I was thinking of just having a ladder going up the inside of the elevator shaft, but that's really not much fun. With the seated elevator vehicles, they would have to be usable from the top and the bottom... so what I would need to do would be to have the elevator slowly fall back down to the bottom doorway. So you would "fly" it to the top, exit the seat, run to the doorway before it falls past, and when going from the top to the bottom, you would just fall down the elevator shaft (falling damage is off). That makes it a one-way vehicle. This elevator would float, so it would come to rest at the lower doorway.
Mgalekgolo wrote:You may notice in my machines reference map that I have a c20 elevator and you can in fact drive a hog on top. If you activate it with the hog on it, it will still go up and the hog goes with it.
Animated scenery does not push vehicles up, it only stops them from passing through it while it is sinking slowly. I tested this with the animated scenery elevators that are in 1.1. But see, animated scenery doesn't synchronize anyway, so it would still be warping the vehicle around.
Sparky wrote:I did lots of work, but it's still could be a better experience. I've decided to make a version 1.2 tomorrow with the following changes:
http://halodemomods.com/wiki/Bloodgulch_Extreme#Changes

You can drive over lava

Turn the elevators into vehicles with seats in order to better fool-proof them -- testing
Fix HUD strings (redo them) -- nope
Add safe bridges over lava

Reduce damage range of fire and space them around the bridges

Make boats show up by default (also the elevators, since they will be vehicles)
Slight fixing of +exactportal planes -- nope
Maybe tweak the sky tag's fog value a little bit to add some luminosity to certain areas

Also add some more lights indoors
Redo the radiosity

Another day, and this might be it for real this time >.<
I experimented with a sawed-off pelican but the physics are gonna be a pain in the arse to get right. So instead, I tried just converting a ghost into a pelican. With some tweaking, I think I could makeshift the existing elevator into a vehicle, which would be ideal since it fits nicely inside the elevator shaft. Eh. Back to the drawing board!

I'm reluctant to add more lights and redo the radiosity because it takes nigh forever.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: [MOD] Bloodgulch Extreme 2.0 release

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:47 am

I didn't do the lighting, but this is a nice release for a version 2.0 of this mod.

Enjoy!

http://halodemomods.com/wiki/Bloodgulch_Extreme

Also, this gave me some insight into how I might be able to makeshift some synchronized AI. Learning about model animations is oh so entertaining!

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: [MOD] Bloodgulch Extreme 2.0 release

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:52 am

Fixed some things. Feel free to download it now, it's as fixed as it will be for the rest of the day at least. Please test it out also and let me know what you think. There are easter eggs for those who explore.

I changed it so the text stays on-screen for an hour and does not fade away but just stays up there. You have less of a risk of missing what someone said this way. I also am not using some of the longer vehicle descriptions; these can be used in mods where the text fades away quickly.

I got the strings to work.

In order to use a custom multiplayer strings file with the HEK, you must remove the loc.map file from inside your maps folder before you compile the map. I got it to work, as you can see: