Moderator: Halo Moderators

Amy
Green Beret

[Mod] Depot

Post by Amy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Depot

=Express link=

Introduction
While some of you have been kept in the dark, a handful of our members have been working towards releasing a new mod. We all know that Demo is going to die out, but the least we can do is release some good mods for this good game. Covenant Armada Mod Team members White Knightmare, TaxiSerivce, Mota-lev, Noodle, and myself have been lazily beta-ing and molding this mod into shape. Focused mainly on gameplay that would benefit the small community of players, Depot was created.

Description
The map is based in a small covenant storage checkpoint, where they transfer supplies ship-surface. Geometry makes it look like an even circle, but the map is split diagonally with two levels. Lower level where the flags are, and the top level which only is on 3 sides of the circle, and gives sniper and vantage points. Teleporters lead to those cliffs respectively. (yes i realized i spelled geometry wrong in the picture, forgive me u_u.)

You might be thinking, hey that's truth and rec's BSP, can't i just get out and go fool around in areas not in the play-space? No. Invisible barriers block off anyway to get out of the map, keeping people in the play-space efficiently. Most of the mod is scenery, but some weapon additions and/or modifications have been made. Turrets that are defaulted-ly scattered in points on the map have been nurfed, and are in places very easy to grenade. Sniper's contrail has been changed to purple. Assault Rifle makes no appearance in this map, and it's main-firearm job has been placed on the plasma rifle. The plasma rifle is now accurate, and can kill someone with the entire clip hitting the person. We all know the lag will make it hard, since there is projectile-time. Many would say the Plasma Rifle is over-powered, but really it's just a counter to a pistol taking over the map. An energy sword was originally planned, but because of swordedit's eating map disorder, it is replaced by a skull. A skull weapon that kills in one slash. Basic demo energy sword but in skull format. Weapon spawns are Plasma Rifle and Pistol in ctf or pro loadouts, and in slayer, pistol spawns.

Easter Eggs
Two gameplay "easter eggs" are hidden in the map, as always. Finding them and getting to them is very hard. Some of the team member's names also make appearances in places you have to find out.

Glitches
Graphics cards change how the ocean around the map is shown, so it might be derp or cool depending on shaders and graphics. There are some ways to get out of the map, as they are unfixable, but will most likely not be executed while in an actual playing-game. There is a derp hill marker, even though the map was made with King Of The Hill in mind. The hill stretches back into the bsp and allows you to stand on the top cliff area to get points. Oh well. Also, for some randomshit reason, the map is joinable without the mod, but of course they will be flying through the air in bloodgulch.

Trivia and other shit
*The invisible barriers surrounding the top cliffs block anyone from getting out of the map, but do not block bullets or grenades. Bullets and grenades do not bounce off of them, giving unfair advantaged, but actually go through the barrier. (Thanks to TaxiSerivce)
*You can still see some plants or something of bloodgulch if you know where to look
*This map has been an hour of work til release for about a month and a half. Shit.

Conclusion and Download
There you go, that's what we've been working on for the past couple of months. Enjoy!

=MediaFire=

=HDM=

Special thanks to >Shadow< and Tavehicle for beta testing, while not being apart of the team.

~Covenant Armada Mod Team~
Amy
Tracker
TaxiService
Mota-Lev
White Knightmare
Noodle
---------------------------
Løki
Devious
SugarLumps
BRIMSTONE
PrøtoType
Last edited by Amy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: [Mod] Depot

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:42 pm

cool.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Hah, I remember this mod.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:56 pm

I remember hearing about it and getting kicked off a server when they were testing it.

Chevytuner

Post by Chevytuner » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Wow looks cool!

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:10 pm

It's... It's beautiful. Brings a tear of joy to my eye.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Added to HDM. Also, I sugest adding information to the Covenant Armada Mod Team page at HDM:

Covenant Armada Mod Team page at HDM

Depot Mod Release at HDM
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for the links Sparky. I lamely edited the team page (and my own.) i will make it look nicer someday later.

I'll add the HDM link to the OP for an alternative download.

Oh and thanks for the nice responses everyone! Be sure to playtest it! :D
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:52 am

woahholyshititexists

Well done.

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 am

looks more of a firefight map then MP map.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:27 pm

I feel like this was indev before firefight was so. How did you get the grav lift to show? I remember working on the particles but I don't remember if I succeeded. I remember trouble. Anyway I wish I could play this but I have lion -_-...

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 pm

ooo cool, reminds me of the circular arena maps in marathon. Are you going to be hosting the map this weekend? Can't wait to try it.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:37 pm

^Hey Zap! Yeah, I'm a bit swamped with work the last couple days, and my broken ankle doesn't help. But yeah, I'll be hosting it over the weekend very most likely.
Mgalekgolo wrote:I feel like this was indev before firefight was so. How did you get the grav lift to show? I remember working on the particles but I don't remember if I succeeded. I remember trouble. Anyway I wish I could play this but I have lion -_-...
Haha wow I don't know... It started A BIT later than that. And uh I do not remember correctly...I'll look into it if you'd like. Pshh, lion. Too bad demo maps can't be played with on full (maybe yet.)
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Modzeh hinted pearl 2 already had significant demo to full capacity. But I don't need you to look into it ill do it when I need to :P.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 am

Nice. I remember wanting to do something like this.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.