Final Mods

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Nuthead_
Operative

Final Mods

Post by Nuthead_ » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:50 pm

okay, since i have been playing minecraft alot,and i would never get these mods finished, i decided to release some of my mods that was "secret".

Elites Revenge - Canyon

You Play as a Elite, wandering the Blood Gulch Canyon.

Notes: Best to Play it on other servers (because the grenade throw is late)

Credits: Teh Lag: Animations, rigged elite. Dano: Elite Model

http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:E ... Canyon.zip

Zombie Attack

Your Stuck in Blood Gulch and the Flood is released, fight to stay alive.

Credits: CMT: Shotgun, Fonzie: Zombie Spawner, Me: Spawns, Unknown Gun: ?

Notes: Play on CTF, Must be on Red Team.

http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Zombie_Attack.zip

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: Final Mods

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:42 pm

hey look its [nuthead] the ripper.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Nuthead_
Operative

Post by Nuthead_ » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:54 pm

im not about ripping, i only care about the gameplay. i only took the elite to feel the elites.

and the Zombie one, its to mimic the CoD Zombies.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm surprised someone hasn't used the elite tags already. Simple mods are best mods.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I like the environment of the flood Zombie Attack mod, just based upon your screenshot. And yes, there is less modding in using existing tags, whether they are from the HEK or from the tags Bungie made. Modding is not so much the combination of existing tags as it is the changing of tags. For me, it's more fun to use my own thematic concept to change a tag than it is to change an existing tag so that it fits my concept. That sounds like the same thing, so let me clarify with this example: when I import an HEK tag (made for Halo Custom Edition) and change it so that it is "corrected" for my theme, that is not as fun as using the original Bungie Halo tags and changing them to fit my theme. The reason for this is probably because I'm changing the result of an already-modded tag.

The more creative you are, the more inspiring your work becomes. However, what is the value of an interpretation of another person's work? Interpretations cannot be said to be accurate or true to another person's intent; it's difficult enough to convey meaning directly through combinations of words and personal experiences alone. Additionally, gaining honor for oneself is entirely deplorable. The goal is also not to have fun, but to express ideas in new ways. Now if the audience doesn't know how to notice and interpret your ideas, then you might as well be talking to a wall, for at least you can pretend that a wall is interested in what you have to say. 0) I'm just kidding. You tell the audience how to notice and experience your meaning.

Anyway, the contrast in the themes of your two mods is striking: the first is wandering around, the second is fighting to stay alive. Both seem to be single-player themes.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:30 pm

...How did I not know of this M4 model..

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:48 am

Mgalekgolo wrote:hey look its [nuthead] the ripper.
Old post I'm responding to but still relevant. Its this kind of thinking that gets new modders intimidated and less likely to want to work with Eschaton and the other limited tools we have on Mac. Ain't noone that should care if you rip or not. As long as the gameplay is good and the assets you utilize work/look good then it doesn't matter. Bigass is full of rips and its the most popular mod on Halo MD.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Well... 002 hates big ass for example ;), and it's not really because of ripping per say; it's for other reasons. However, there may just happen to be a strong correlation (not causation) of ripping and being disliked by certain people.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Ranger

Post by 002 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:20 pm

nil wrote:Well... 002 hates big ass for example ;), and it's not really because of ripping per say; it's for other reasons.
Hate requires that I care about it, and I don't, because I only join it once or twice to just screw around. I do dislike it. It's ugly, oversized for even 16 players, it's got a lot more angry children who repeatedly use various insults related to mental disorders and minorities playing it than on any other server, except for Eternal Halo Sniper Gulch of course, and it's just plain unbalanced.

I do like the fact that it's even more worthwhile to exploit glitches like the RC glitch, so I can drive an invincible fake tank and distract an entire team while my team captures the flag. That's actually fun.

And really, Bigass is just one rip (the map itself) instead of being made entirely of rips.